Cuz We Can't Hide The Evidence In Our Heads
Jared Thomas Roberts "I belong to no one, but belong to everyone"
Presenting : White people damaging their hair by forcing it to do something it’s not meant to in an effort to seem earthy.
this shit is nasty
Omg! That last one is kinda fresh! I call it the Meatloaf
Seriously white people? Give it the fuck up. You don’t have the hair texture for that. Accept it.
Somebody told me that if I deleted this post I’d stop getting notes on it (it was blowing up my phone) and that *kinda* worked. I would like to take a moment and point out that I had a shit ton of people hounding my inbox and the comments saying they had dreads that look like this and they weren’t gross or that if they don’t shower this is what their hair does naturally
- The dreads in this picture are hella nasty. One is full of mold. That’s the point. These are NOT what dreads are supposed to look like.
- Hair that isn’t afro textured never ever looks like real dreads (i.e. they don’t look the same at all) If you had to backcomb, they probably aren’t real dreads.
- You are exploiting your white privilege if you can still go to school and work with your dreads in, because black people consistently have their natural hair deemed ‘unprofessional’ and used as a means to prevent them from getting hired and to fire them from jobs and have them expelled from school.
- They won’t do their own research. No, the Celts did not have dreads, no dreadlocks are not found everywhere
- White people calling themselves Rastafarian. Are you kidding. ‘Rasta’ and ‘Rastafarian’ are not terms meaning ‘Bob Marley Fan Club’ or ‘I like weed’. Rastafarians are AGAINST white supremacy.
- BUT BLACK PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR/ WEAR WHITE HAIR. One, black people don’t wear ‘white hair’. I’m not lying to you, walk into a hair story.You will find Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian but never European hair because it’s not as great as you think it is. Two, the fact that people with kinky hair straighten it with relaxer or flat irons ect is because black people are taught that their natural hair is ‘not good hair’ and because their natural hair is sometimes deemed as unprofessional. Do you like movies? Chris Rock made one about it called ‘Good hair’. Also, this.
- Your Dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. They also look nasty.
x o x o fuck you
Ewwww mold in hair??
Or people can do whatever the fuck they want to with their hair because its their body and they have the right to. It a hair styles so calm the fuck down. I don’t think they do it in a malicious attempt to suppress blacks and boast their white privilege, i think they just like the look of dreads and wanted them.
I feel like one of the things that sets Bobs Burgers apart from its counterparts in shows like Family Guy is its penchant for love and sincerity in its characters. Tina doesn’t get relentlessly mocked by her family members for being awkward and homely for laughs like Meg Griffin would be, the comedy is instead in how they defend her from people giving her crap. The parents and the kids and the siblings all have moments where they assess how close they are often and it’s something not seen much in these sort of family-based animated comedies (besides early Simpsons). BB may not be a perfect show by any means, but I feel like its sense of heart definitely makes it more fun to watch than a lot of its peers in primetime animated comedies.